Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thank God I Fight for Hope



Think Creatively!

In my collage, I think that the use of the rotten rose and he full bloom rose was very creative of me. I used the concept of hopeless, devastating as rotten, and joy, hope and activeness arranged with the fresh. It was also creative to show the contrast between how the Lost Boys felt during migration and how they felt when they saw hope in America.

Also, for the background, I decided to tear the green and red paper. I feel that this was unique because I purposely did this to symbolize that the feelings of hope and despair isnt always clean and simple. I tried to show that peoples feelings can very and change according to different situations by randomly tearing apart the paper rather than gluing it neatly on the board.

Reason Critically!

I used the images to represent my understanding of the Lost Boys situation and one of the images that I used was the torn family photo with a blood drop on it. I think that this has a deep symbolism summarizing how the Lost Boys felt during the war. I wanted to highlight the fact that many of the Lost Boys had been torn away from their families by death and violence, which I decided to paste it on the hopeless side of the collage.

Communicate Effectively!

I think that this collage creates awareness for the Lost Boys plight towards the audience. This collage emphasizes the lost boys devastating past to the bright future which they are fighting for and the shocking images of genocide in Sudan attacks the audience to be aware that there was blood shed, while the pictures of hope and joy portrays the Boys effort to life a better life and help their families.

Live Ethically!

I think that this collage demonstrates empathy and might evoke an emotional response from my viewers. By gluing breathtaking and violent pictures of war and contrasting it with the positive images shows gives the audience a sense that through the bloody days, many Lost Boys are enduring the hard times with tolerance that there is a better world somewhere out and beyond. Also, I used the hand stretching out for help to grab the attention of the audience so that the first emotion that they feel is empathy and the urge to assist the helping hand. Through this collage, I wanted to project my voice towards the audience that there are boys whove been through war and now, they are in need of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment